Monday, October 20, 2008

83 Year Old Woman Threatened With Jail Time-and You Won't Believe Why

This is the type of story that I like to highlight, even though they literally make my blood boil. Many people like to gloss over things like this, taking the attitude that, "Well hey, it doesn't affect me, so why should I care," or something similarly ignorant.

Just because this sort of thing is happening way out in California does not mean that is will not ultimately affect the rest of us.

When government becomes this tyrannical with one American, they have gotten this way with us all.

"He began yelling orders at me and said he wanted to bring in inspectors," Camargo said. "He wanted to come in, and I said, 'No way am I going to let you in. Are you telling me this isn't America anymore?' "

Thank God that where I live, no government bureaucrat would ever get away with treating a citizen in this hideous fashion.

When I asked why they were taking pictures, the police asked me for my ID. I asked why they needed my ID, and they put me in handcuffs."

Unbelievable.

What is happening to our country?

No comments:

When liberty is taken away by force it can be restored by force. When it is relinquished voluntarily by default it can never be recovered. -Dorothy Thompson