Thursday, April 8, 2010

The 2010 Masters is (finally) Underway

The first round of the major golf tournament of the year has begun just up the road from here in Augusta.

I have only been waiting anxiously for this moment for the last 361 days.

With the exception of Christmas, this is my favorite week of the year. Period.

For those of us who truly love and respect this wonderful game (even if we can't play it worth a damn), the next four days will be golf nirvana. It just doesn't get any better than this.

Like many millions of golf fans around the world, I will be spending the next four days glued to my monitor and the TV, as I don't want to miss a minute of it.

I don't have a favored player for this year's tournament as yet, and probably won't until Saturday, which is known at the Masters as moving day - the day the real tournament starts in earnest.

Whoever ultimately puts on that coveted green jacket this Sunday evening in Butler Cabin will have my eternal respect.

No comments:

When liberty is taken away by force it can be restored by force. When it is relinquished voluntarily by default it can never be recovered. -Dorothy Thompson