Monday, March 22, 2010

219-212

Photo credit: bkeyser

Earlier tonight, 219 House critters voted to essentially stomp the Constitution of the United States into the ground, and our hard-won freedoms and liberties along with it, by passing the Senate version of what will eventually be derisively known to most Americans as CommieCare.

Many of my conservative friends truly believe the republicans are going to be swept into office this November by an irate electorate, repeal this insanity, and all is going to be right with the world.

Or if not, they are just certain come November of 2012 we will vote enough democrats out and reverse this travesty.

I wish I shared their confidence and optimism, but I don't.

2 comments:

DCG said...

Dave, the elections may not turn R in Nov (acorn) but I am positive we can reverse this. This bill will be tied up in courts & may never come to fruition. At least I pray for this!

Dave said...

DCG,

I hope you're right, but I am already hearing about some republicans in congress talking about being able to "work" with CommieCare if they just tweak this and remove that.

And it's not just ACORN, but the Porkulus slush fund, and what will now be a huge push for scamnesty - in time to put illegals on the voting rolls by this November.

Should that happen, we're beyond screwed.

Scary times, these are.

-Dave

When liberty is taken away by force it can be restored by force. When it is relinquished voluntarily by default it can never be recovered. -Dorothy Thompson