Tuesday, August 18, 2009

American Power: Robert Novak, 1931-2009: Reactions on the Left

The "compassionate" left's reaction to the passing of Bob Novak.

As for myself, I credit Robert D. Novak with being among a tiny handful of people who kindled my interest in current events, and particularly politics, at a very early age.

He also helped impart upon me a rather healthy distrust of all things government, which has served me well during my life, as it has prevented me from merely falling in line with the stoopid American sheeple.

I never missed Crossfire back when he was on it, as it was then a wide-open debate program, before Jane jumped into bed with Ted and turned that once decent network, CNN, into nothing more than a propaganda operation for the freedom-hating left.

Bab Novak always impressed me with his grasp of what was truly going on in this nation, and particularly when it came to what was really happening in D.C. He was, to a certain extent, a man of intrigue, as he appeared to often have sources that nobody else in the media could claim.

Someone once said of Al Davis, the former coach and current owner of the Oakland Raiders, and no stranger to intrigue himself, that he actually knew the name of the person buried in the Tomb of the Unknown Soldier.

Of course, this was nothing more than an obvious analogy regarding Mr. Davis, but there have been many times over the years when I wondered if Bob Novak actually did know who that then nameless soldier was.

Bob Novak was truly one-of-a-kind, and I doubt we shall ever see his like again.

May God be with his surviving family members and friends during this difficult time.

See also this statement from the Media Research Center's L. Brent Bozell on the unfortunate passing of his friend.

The Creator's Syndicate columnists have offered up their tributes to Mr. Novak here.

No comments:

When liberty is taken away by force it can be restored by force. When it is relinquished voluntarily by default it can never be recovered. -Dorothy Thompson